Tastes of Italy
Norcia | Cold Cuts and Truffle
Besides the beauties of nature and its itineraries, Norcia is also a gastronomical paradise with a wholesome cuisine featuring a wide choice of typical local products: Castelluccio lentils, spelt, the prized black truffle (tuber melanosporum) – the real king of traditional Norcia recipes – cheeses of all types like Pecorino and Caciotta, but above all “Norcineria”, the noble and ancient art of processing pig meat, which dates back to the 13th century and has made the Umbrian city famous throughout the world. The quality of this type of meat processing, carried by hand by the “norcini” masters, who often pass down the craft from father to child, is guaranteed by a thousand-year old tradition. Aging is highly important for the organoleptic features of the final products and benefits from the healthy air and the particular climate of the area.
In the city’s streets you will be surrounded by the aromas of the typical local products.
|Duration: 8h/9h||Lunch / Tasting: not included||2-8|
- Departure from your Hotel/Villa
- Arrive in Norcia
- Visit Italy’s oldest Norcineria - specialty butcher shop. See how meat is prepared, flavoured and aged to make Norcia’s famous cold cuts.
- Enjoy lunch in a restaurant or Agriturismo tasting the prized black truffle of Norcia and the best dishes of the local cuisine.
- Enjoy some free time to explore the town Norcia
- Return to your Hotel/Villa