Montepulciano, Pienza and the villages of Val d’Orcia
Montepulciano, which was built by the Etruscans, is situated between Val d'Orcia and Val Di Chiana, it’s a medieval town, clung over the hills, 600 mt above sea level. Enjoy here the most breathtaking sights over the famous Val D’Orcia, a symbol of Tuscany all over the world and world heritage site of UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation).
Pienza, the small Medieval town, shows you a different panorama: walk along the narrow streets of Pienza and enjoy the sight of the extremely refined architecture and the extraordinary beauty of the town. Don’t miss a visit to the “Perfect Town”, as it was celebrated during the Renaissance.
|Duration: 8h/9h||Lunch / Tasting: not included||2-8|
- Departure from your Hotel/Villa
- Visit the World Heritage town Pienza. Stop by local shops for the town’s specialties
- Tour the hills and enjoy the views of Val d’Orcia on your way up to Montepulciano
- Explore Montepulciano’s town center and its many historical underground cellars
- Stop for lunch in a typical Tuscan Restaurant in the town center (optional and upon prior reservation)
- Enjoy some free time in the town for sightseeing or shopping.
- Return to your Hotel/Villa.